Feedback Form

Friday, February 01, 2008

Excel file in new excel instance

You can open any excel file using code like this:

Process.Start(filePath);

But what will happen if we have these 2 lines of code:

Process.Start(filePathONE);

Process.Start(filePathTWO);

Will first open “filePathONE” in a new excel instance, then will open the “filePathTwo” in the same excel instance.

What we can do if we want to open each file in a separate new excel instance?

We must write it like that:

Process.Start(“Excel.exe”, filePathONE);

Process.Start(“Excel.exe”, filePathTWO);

It’s very simple, isn’t it?

But we can face a small problem with this way:

If you want to open an excel file that contains space in its name, for example “my Sheet.xls”, it will give you a runtime error that it can’t open files “my.xls” and “Sheet.xls”.

So what can I do?

It’s simple:

Just add “ before and after the file path, just like that:

Process.Start(“Excel.exe”, @“””filePathONE”””);

Like that it will open normally without any errors.

Note:

You will need to do the same for any office application (word, powerpoint, ….).

kick it on DotNetKicks.com

3 comments:

Alex said...

At work with excel files I recommend try good reliable tool to my mind-ms Excel sheet recovery tools,why it?,because program helped me in very difficult situation and has free status as far as I can see,utility can repair corrupted Microsoft Excel worksheets,restore data after problems with corrupted worksheet problem as a result of virus attack, disk and network failures or any other problem,an scan a damaged Microsoft Excel worksheet and repair it,work with *.xls, *.xlam, *.xltx, *.xlt and *.xlsm formats,recover modified Excel worksheets and shows recovered data in the same way, like it will be displayed in Microsoft Excel worksheet.

Anonymous said...

Yesterday when I worked with excel files I saved it and went to bed,next morning I saw that my file corrupted,but in some hours to me came a friend,he advised me-repairing Excel,as he said this tool is reliable and has free status,it repairing Excel files, except the possibility to export recovered data into a new Microsoft Excel file,repairing Microsoft Excel files,will learn more about this problem and about how to repair an Excel file,contains the most features of registered program for repairing Excel files, except the possibility to export recovered data into a new Microsoft Excel file.

Anonymous said...

Easily I assent to but I about the list inform should have more info then it has.